Thursday, June 15, 2006

New WIP and Drinking


Okay.. so I have a new WIP. I just found out that one of my hubby's cousin's is pregnant. Yea! Now we also have another cousin who is also pregnant. Well, I cant buy any more yarn until the credit card is paid off, so I've got pink Woolease that I am knitting with. I have decided to make a baby blanket. Now, what are the odds that between the two mommies to be, they would have boys? Only time will tell. So, Baby A is due in November. Ahh.. another scorpio like me... hmm.. Anyways, Baby B is due in February. So now I have started this baby blanket and I dont know who to make it for. Now, ideally I would say that this shouldn't take me all that long to make, so why not make it for Baby A. But then, knowing my ADD and all, I would say make it for Baby B. But what if Baby A and Baby B are boys.. I have now made a pink blankie for a baby that would only spit up on it, not really know how much time and love went into it, and whom we would look at the pink blankie, and think...."What a pretty girl.. What? Your baby's a boy? Well, I hope he's gay then.".. Good Lord.. Is 5 in the evening too early for a drink?

Okay.. so I FINALLY bought "The Yarn Harlot". I could've borrowed it from my mother, but she's too far away.. Anyways. I have just finished the first chapter, where she talkes about the green monster. I had a monster, but it was/isnt green. Its the blue car coat Im trying to do. I think.. today I'll work on it. Of course then I see something else I'd rather do.. Baby blankie.. Scarves that havent come to pattern.. read.. yard work.. childbirth.. I really could go on,.. Anyways. I have so far read the first "story" in the book and truly enjoy it. I can SO relate to this chick.. I wonder if Im not truly an only child.. MOM???

2 Comments:

Blogger cathych said...

love your blog, stop by & visit mine!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I'd knit the pink blankie anyway. I love to knit up & keep on hand, one each (girl & boy) baby sweaters or whatever, just in case some new somebody comes along, then I don't have to rush to knit something.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home