Wednesday, June 14, 2006

So, this entry will be short and sweet. I messed up on the shawl again.. so whats new? I ripped it up and decided that .. screw it. I am just going to make up my own pattern with that yarn. I did a row of my sweater and got bored. I have years worth of woolease in pink, so I am thinking of starting a baby blanket... We still dont know the sex of the baby our cousin is having. I guess I could work on it and if its a girl, give it to her. If not, at least I've occupied my brain. A girl in my knitting club is making fingerless gloves. That sounds interesting. I might want to try that some day.

Arrgghh!
Posted at 2:19 PM, 6/11/2006
So, this entry will be short and sweet. I messed up on the shawl again.. so whats new? I ripped it up and decided that .. screw it. I am just going to make up my own pattern with that yarn. I did a row of my sweater and got bored. I have years worth of woolease in pink, so I am thinking of starting a baby blanket... We still dont know the sex of the baby our cousin is having. I guess I could work on it and if its a girl, give it to her. If not, at least I've occupied my brain. A girl in my knitting club is making fingerless gloves. That sounds interesting. I might want to try that some day.


More shawl issues
Posted at 11:48 AM, 6/8/2006
Okay. This pattern is a piece of shit. I have already re-started this thing twice. Now I have dropped a stitch about 10 or so rows. I am considering scraping this whole damn pattern. I may create my own.. This is so frustrating!

My mother and I are to go to the knitting group tonight at Starbucks. I hope that I can get this thing under control by then! Damnit!


No Pics
Posted at 11:38 AM, 6/7/2006
I currently do not have any pictures of the things I am working on. This is because my memory card took a quick trip to the dumper a few weeks ago. I am not sure if I want to buy a new card or if I just want to get a whole new camera all together. But anyways... Happy knitting!


Aggravation
Posted at 10:36 AM, 6/7/2006
Okay. I have been trying to knit the candle flame shawl seen here:

http://www.knitpicks.com/Projects/Projects_Display_Yarn.aspx?itemid=50465220&yarnid=5420112

It was going well, until I got to the 16th row. I realized that I didnt have the same amount of stitches as whats on the pattern. So, I have decided to rip it up and start anew. I was thinking of adding an extra border to it, so that maybe I wont get "lost". I guess part of the problem was that I put it down mid-row. I dont know. It is just so aggravating to experience something like that.

My mother and I are going to a Meet-up group tomorrow night. We meet fellow kntiters at a designated area and knit, talk, and Im not sure what else since this will be our first meeting. I havent yet decided if Im going to take the shawl with me or if Im going to take my sweater with me. I am knitting a barn jacket. I am 4 inches to go until I decrease for the arm holes. I got the yarn from Kntipicks. I love the yarn they sell. Its just beautiful and the quality is good. Its pretty affordable considering that you get good yarn for a good price as opposed to the crap yarn for a cheap price.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home